- Simpson & Simpson Accounting Local Warrior Award given to SFC Darrell Shelnut
- Simpson & Simpson Accounting Local Warrior Award given to SSG TreyWright
- Simpson & Simpson Accounting Local Warrior Award given to SGTJeremy Sewell
Woodstock, Ga. (August 9, 2018) – Simpson & Simpson Accounting, a local CPA firm, recently gave back to two local veterans who served combat tours in Afghanistan and continue to serve in the military. Sergeant First Class Darrell Shelnut and Staff Sergeant Trey Wright each received a $500 gift from Simpson & Simpson.
“I love the military and this country,” said Josh Simpson, CPA, who served in Operation Iraqi Freedom III before earning his accounting degree from Kennesaw State University (KSU). “Even though I’m not in the military anymore, I want to give back to those who are currently serving and to display my continued support. It takes an incredible amount of courage and I want these warriors to know they are appreciated.”
Both sergeants who received gifts served in active duty combat units. After leaving active duty service, they transitioned into the Army National Guard of Canton, Georgia.
- SFC Darrell Shelnut thrived as an infantryman in the Marine Corps with the 3rd battalion 6th Marines, deployed twice to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, received the Governors Twenty Tab, Air Assault Badge, and many other awards.
- SSG Trey “Billy” Wright excelled as an Army cavalry scout in the 25th Infantry Division, earned the Army’s Parachutist Badge in Airborne School, performed various counter-insurgency operations in Afghanistan, and gained many achievements.
Simpson pledged to donate 2% of proceeds to honor local veterans or active military throughout the year to thank them for their service. He especially enjoys working with entrepreneurial-minded veterans when they launch their own businesses.
“Starting a business can be really complicated,” he said. “We look at making adjustments to help companies be as profitable as soon as possible. My mission is to be everybody’s favorite CPA.”
Simpson himself returned from active duty to start accounting school at KSU, where he met his wife, Monica Simpson. She’s the other half in the Simpson & Simpson name. They launched their firm in 2010, which has grown to include two CPAs and three accountants.
About Simpson & Simpson
Simpson & Simpson is a veteran-owned business with Fortune 500 CPA experience for families and small to medium-sized companies. Their team serves clients in Woodstock, Cobb, Fulton and Cherokee counties with CPA/accounting services that increase profits and reduce business risk. Their services include business/personal tax, bookkeeping, auditing, business planning and financial consulting. For more information, visit simpsonaccountingllc.com or call 678-925-5151.